Let me clarify you my situation:

1. I failed my first semester. Sent me far below my friends' cgpa. Thank God, I managed to strive again in last summer and fall semesters.

2. I am a Spring intake student. Which is good for a graduation planning because I'll have an extra summer term.

3. On the other hand, it's really bad to be a spring intake student. I have one semester short compared to those Fall intake students when it comes to the conditional period which is a year and a half. This period will determine whether I am qualified to enter my department/faculty or not.

4. I am in the last semester of that conditional period.

5. The qualifications are, my cgpa is above 2.00 and I've done the required courses. The first one is good but the second one... hell I am doing the last course now. Plus it is the most difficult course for me.

6. If I am not qualified, I'll have a big problem. To be in the department/faculty means that I will have my status as a Penn State student for the rest of the years. That also means, I will have my immigration status guaranteed.

7. If I am not in the department by next semester, I am no longer a Penn State student and thus my immigration status will be taken back. I can't stay in the USA!

8. That means I will be thrown back to Malaysia.

9. 50/50. Fail or not failing that subject. Options?

9(a). Do not fail the last required course of entrance to my major.
9(b). Take another major which do not require that last course. Hell yeah, all engine majors need that course.
9(c). Further my study somewhere else. Private school maybe; which does not bother bout this conditional period as much as public schools do.
9(d). Further my study in Malaysia. Nauzubillahi min zalika sayyiah.

I believe you can see how crucial this semester for me.

I sought for a relief and happiness and that's why I'm not at my home. Friends or not... we are not married!

So stop being selfish. Don't just write somewhere something implicit about me. Because that worsens my situation. Unless you really wanted to send me back to Malaysia.

Live a life lah!

Posted by Ahmad Fadzli on February 29, 2004 at 8:49:00 AM | Permalink