Felt so damn happy because i made it to the morning class today. Well.. that costs me not sleeping last night. But that's okay, at least i got the feeling back; Fresh and Energetic.

As for the improvement that I've made, I think I wanna do something creative. Something like oja the bacteria freak does. Quoting lecture notes here. Neither Phys nor Cal notes.. that's crazee. I'll just post something short about what I've learned in my human development class. Something that all of us concern about...

I read my own blog frequently and i think by doing this, all those notes will be embroided in my head for real.

Well... we are learning about divorce now. Of coz it has to do with the average of divorced couples in the United States. Can you imagine? 60% of married couples will divorce. wth? that's more than half.

I learned about the 4 things that lead to divorces
These are the result of a study done by John Gottman about divorces. We watched a video of him just now...

  • CRITISM - attacking someone's character. COMPLAINS (usually heard from wives) and making a general assumption.
  • DEFENSIVENESS - being defensive when complained (usually done by husbands). It's like a manuever that we use to protect ourselves.
  • CONTEMPT - or sarcasm.
  • STONEWALLING - is a refusal to talk about issues or to involve in conflicts (husbands do this a lot)


    According to Gottman, when these 4 factors are present or common/typical, that's when a divorce is inevitable.

    I guess that's all for today. Did something stupid after the class with Awie. We were chasing Malaysians for a free meal at the HUB. We saw izza and aisyah but did nothing except hiding behind the pillars. Not letting to be seen. The funny part is, we didn't get any free breakfast :D and we went home hoping to jump into other Malaysians... keh keh keh... bodola ko awie!

    Here's an upcoming event at Penn State. It's the month of Music and the X-ecutioners are coming here, for free!

    Movin' On 2004

    Posted by Ahmad Fadzli on April 9, 2004 at 11:03:00 PM | Permalink